Are you a podcaster looking for ways to make your show rank higher in SERP-s? Then you're in the right place! In this blog post, we'll talk all about audio SEO and how you can use it to improve your podcast's visibility online.
We'll cover topics such as keyword research, optimizing your episode titles and descriptions, and using transcripts to increase your listener base. So whether you're just starting out your audio SEO strategy or you've been at it for a while and are looking for ways to improve it, read on for some great tips!
What Is Audio SEO
You've certainly heard about SEO, but have you ever come across audio SEO? Well, SEO is when you make sure your website looks good to search engines. Audio SEO is the same thing, but for audio content.
In a nutshell, audio SEO is the process of optimizing your audio content for search engines. This includes using the right keywords in your titles and descriptions, as well as making sure your content is accessible and easy to find. By optimizing your audio content, you can make sure that your podcast appears higher in the SERPs, making it easier for listeners to find and enjoy.
Why Audio SEO Matters
Here are some statistics about the popularity of audio content:
- According to a study by Chitika, 20 percent of all Google searches are for some form of audio content.
- In a study by Edison Research, podcasting has doubled in size since 2013, with an estimated 67 million monthly listeners in the U.S.
- A study by Socialbakers found that 43 percent of Facebook users share at least one piece of audio content per month.
As the number of people consuming audio content continues to grow, so does the need for audio SEO. After all, with more and more podcasts popping up every day, it's getting harder and harder for listeners to find the ones they're interested in. By optimizing your audio content for search engines, you can make sure that your podcast is easy to find and stands out from the crowd.
In addition to making your podcast easier to find, audio SEO can also help you grow your listener base. By ranking higher in the SERPs, you'll be more likely to attract new listeners who are searching for podcasts like yours. And once you have them hooked, they'll be more likely to subscribe and continue listening to your show.
Finally, audio SEO can help you build authority in your field. When people see that your podcast ranks high in the SERPs, they'll be more likely to trust it and consider subscribing. So if you're looking to improve your podcast's visibility and credibility, audio SEO is a great way to do it!
Let's take a look at how you can get started with optimizing your audio content.
How to optimize your audio content for better search engine
First of all you need to start with keyword research. When it comes to audio SEO, keyword research is a vital first step. After all, if you want your content to rank high in the SERPs, you need to make sure you're using the right keywords.
There are a few different ways to go about keyword research. One is to use a tool like Google AdWords Keyword Planner. This tool allows you to enter a few seed keywords and then see related keywords that people are searching for.
Another option is to use a tool like BuzzSumo. With this tool, you can enter a keyword or topic and see the most popular pieces of content that have been shared on social media. This is a great way to get an idea of what people are interested in and what keywords you should be targeting.
Once you've gathered a list of potential keywords, it's time to start incorporating them into your audio content.
Optimizing your audio content
Now that you've done your keyword research, it's time to start optimizing your audio content. Here are a few tips for doing so:
- Use keyword-rich titles: When it comes to audio content, people often find it through search engines. That's why it's important to use keywords in your title. This will help your content appear higher in the SERPs, making it more likely to be found by listeners.
- Use keywords in your description: In addition to using keywords in your title, you should also use them in your description. This will help search engines understand what your content is about and make it more likely to appear in relevant searches.
- Make sure your audio is accessible: One of the most important things you can do for audio SEO is to make sure your content is accessible to as many people as possible. That means transcribing your audio into text and adding captions. This will not only help people with hearing impairments or who don't speak the language of your audio content, but it will also help search engines better understand your content.
-Use transcriptions: As we mentioned, transcriptions are a great way to make your audio content more accessible. But they're also helpful for optimization. By including transcripts of your episodes, you're giving search engines more text to index and rank. This can help your content appear higher in the SERPs.
- Optimize your website: In addition to optimizing your audio content, you should also optimize your website. This includes things like making sure your site is mobile-friendly and maybe even writing some blog posts related to your episodes.
- Promote your audio content: In addition to optimizing your audio content for search engines, you should also promote it through social media and other channels. This will help to increase its reach and make it more likely to be found by potential listeners.
By following these audio SEO strategies, you can help your audio content rank higher in the SERPs and attract more listeners. So if you're looking to grow your audience, audio SEO is a great place to start!
Case studies of successful audio SEO campaigns
1. National Geographic- "Overheard at National Geographic"
National Geographic is a well-known brand that doesn't need much help when it comes to ranking in the SERPs. However, they decided to use audio SEO strategies to help promote their new podcast, "Overheard at National Geographic."
To do this, they created transcripts of their episodes and made them available on their website. They also optimized their website for mobile listening and included links to the podcast in their email newsletter.
As a result of these efforts, the podcast became one of the top-ranked podcasts in iTunes and continues to grow in popularity.
2. TED Talks- "TED Talks Daily"
TED Talks is another brand that is already well-known and ranks highly in the SERPs. However, they too used audio SEO strategies to help promote their new podcast, "TED Talks Daily."
They used the same audio SEO strategy to do this. By creating transcripts and including the podcast in their email newsletter, they quickly rose to the top of the iTunes charts, becoming one of the most popular podcasts available on the Internet.
They also promoted the podcast through social media and their blog.
3. Freakonomics Radio- "Freakonomics Radio"
Freakonomics Radio is a popular podcast that uses audio SEO strategies to help it rank highly in the SERPs.
One of their main strategies was using keywords in their titles and descriptions to help search engines understand what their content is about.
If you’re looking for ways to improve your podcast ranking on the SERPs, audio SEO might be a good option for you. We’ve outlined some tips for optimizing your content so that it can be found and heard by more people. And if you want even more help with this, we offer transcription services here at Podcastle. So why not give audio SEO a try? It could be just what your podcast needs to reach new heights.