Do you ever listen to the radio when you're driving? Or music on your phone while you're working out? What about talking on the phone? Chances are, you've engaged in audio marketing without even realizing it. Audio marketing is simply using sound to get your message across, and it can be a powerful tool for your business. Here's why your business needs audio marketing, and some ideas for how to get started.
What Is Audio Marketing?
Audio marketing is a form of marketing that uses sound to promote your brand. It can be used to promote your business, products, or services, and it can be a powerful tool for reaching your target audience. Audio marketing is different from other forms of marketing in that it can be very personal and interactive. It can also be a great way to connect with your target audience on a more emotional level.
Here are some audio marketing statistics;
- In 2017, audio marketing will account for $17.5 billion in spending
- By 2021, that number is projected to grow to $32.1 billion
- 78% of Americans listen to audio daily
- Podcasting has seen a 23% growth in listenership over the past year
- 43% of people report having purchased a product or service after hearing an audio ad
Just like any other form of marketing, audio marketing requires a strategy. You can’t just start producing audio content and expect people to find it and listen to it. You need to have a plan for how you will produce and promote your audio content.
First, you need to determine the goal of your audio marketing campaign. Are you trying to increase brand awareness, drive website traffic, or sell products or services? Once you know what you want to achieve, you can create audio content that aligns with your goals.
Your audio content can take many different forms, such as podcasts, audio ads, voice search results, or voice-enabled advertising. Below are some tips on how to produce and promote your audio content:
1. Produce high-quality audio content. This is especially important for podcasts. People are more likely to listen to a podcast if the audio quality is good. Invest in quality recording software and make sure to edit your audio clips before publishing them.
2. Make sure your audio content is relevant to your target audience. Do some research and figure out what topics your target audience is interested in. Then produce audio content that aligns with those interests.
3. Use social media to promote your audio content. Share links to your audio clips on Twitter, Facebook, and other social media platforms. You can also use social media ads to promote your audio content.
4. Use keywords in your audio content titles and descriptions. This will help people find your audio content when they’re searching for related topics online.
5. Consider using voice search engines to reach new audiences. More and more people are using voice search engines like Google Voice Search and Amazon Echo Show to find information online. If you optimize your audio content for these platforms, you can reach new listeners who might not have otherwise discovered your content.
5 Benefits of Audio Marketing
1. Reach a large audience. There are more than 78% of Americans who listen to audio daily, whether it’s music, the radio, podcasts, or other audio content. This provides a great opportunity for businesses to reach a large audience with their audio marketing campaigns.
2. Connect with your target audience on a personal level. Audio marketing is a very personal and interactive form of marketing. It can help you connect with your target audience on a more emotional level than other forms of marketing.
3. Increase brand awareness. Audio content is a great way to increase brand awareness for your business. When people hear your audio content, they’ll start to recognize your brand and what it stands for.
4. Drive website traffic. If you include links to your website in your audio content, you can drive traffic back to your site. This is a great way to increase leads and conversions for your business.
5. Generate new leads and sales. Audio ads can be a great way to generate new leads and sales for your business. When people hear your audio ad and then visit your website, there’s a much higher chance that they’ll buy something from you.
Questions to ask before designing your audio marketing strategy
Here are a couple of questions you should ask yourself before starting your audio marketing strategy:
1. What is the goal of your audio marketing campaign?
Audio marketing can be used to achieve a variety of business goals, such as increasing brand awareness, driving website traffic, generating leads and sales, or connecting with your target audience on a personal level.
2. What type of audio content will you produce?
Possible types of audio content:
- podcast ads
- audio ads
- voice search results
Think about what type of audio content would be most effective in achieving your desired business goal.
3. Who is your target audience?
It’s important to know who your target audience is before starting an audio marketing campaign. This will help you determine what type of audio content to produce and how to promote it effectively.
4. What budget do you have for audio production and promotion?
Audio production and promotion can be relatively affordable, but it’s still important to consider your budget when planning your audio marketing campaign. This will help you determine which audio marketing strategies are within your budget and which ones you may need to save for later.
5. What audio marketing platforms will you use?
There are a number of audio marketing platforms you could use to promote your audio content, such as iTunes, Spotify, SoundCloud, or YouTube. Consider which platforms would be most effective for reaching your target audience and promoting your audio content.
By asking yourself these questions before starting an audio marketing campaign, you’ll be in a better position to create high-quality audio content that achieves your desired business goals.
Audio marketing can be a great way to reach new audiences and achieve your business goals. By following the tips above, you can produce and promote high-quality audio content that will help you reach your target audience.
What are your thoughts on audio marketing? Have you used it for your business? Let us know in the comments below!