Are you thinking about starting a podcast, but aren't sure what to talk about? You're not alone! Lots of people are interested in podcasting, but don't know where to start. In this blog post, we'll take a look at some popular podcast topics that beginners can explore. So if you're curious about starting a podcast, but don't know what to discuss, read on! We've got the scoop on some hot topics for beginner podcasters.
But before we start discussing the trendies podcast topics for 2022, let's figure out what are:
The Reasons for Starting a Podcast In the First Place:
To Share a Message: You might have something you want to say to the world, and podcasting is a great way to share your message with a large audience. If you're passionate about something, and you think other people would benefit from hearing what you have to say, starting a podcast could be a great way to get your message out there.
To Connect with Others: Podcasting can also be a great way to connect with others who share your interests. If you start a podcast about a topic you're passionate about, you'll likely attract listeners who feel the same way. This can create a community of like-minded individuals who can support and encourage each other.
To Entertain: Let's face it, some people just want to be entertained. And there's nothing wrong with that! In fact, that’s why you’re here searching for trending podcast topics—you want your podcast to be entertaining and engaging for your listeners. There are plenty of successful podcasts out there that are simply about entertaining their listeners.
Now that we know some of the reasons people start podcasts, let's take a look at some popular podcast topics. These ideas should help you get started on your own podcasting journey.
Trending Podcast Topics
Self-Improvement: Self-improvement is always a popular topic, and there are endless possibilities when it comes to discussing it on a podcast. You could talk about ways to improve productivity, time management, exercise routines, diet and nutrition, sleep habits, and more. If you're looking for a topic that will resonate with a wide audience, self-improvement is a great choice.
Relationships:Relationships are a pretty popular one among trending podcast topics. Whether you want to discuss dating, marriage, parenting, or any other type of relationship, there's plenty to talk about. People are always looking for advice on how to improve their relationships, so this is definitely an area with a lot of potential.
Current Events: Keeping up with the news can be overwhelming, but it can also be fascinating. If you're the kind of person who loves staying up-to-date on current events, starting a podcast about it could be a great way to share your passion with others. You could discuss local, national, and international news, as well as current events in politics, business, sports, entertainment, and more.
Health and Wellness: Finally, the last one on our list of trending podcast topics is health and wellness, which is a pretty broad topic with endless possibilities. You could discuss mental health, physical health, emotional health, spiritual health, or any combination of the four. There's always something new to learn when it comes to taking care of our bodies and minds, so this is a great topic to explore on a podcast.
Don’t like any of the trending podcast topics mentioned here? We’ll help you find a podcast idea that you’ll be passionate about!
How to Find a Podcast Idea
1) Think about your interests. What are you passionate about? What do you like to talk about? If you can find a topic that you're interested in, it'll make podcasting a lot more fun for you.
2) Consider your audience. Who do you want to listen to your podcast? What kind of topics would they be interested in? If you're not sure who your target audience is, think about the people who you know would be most likely to listen to your podcast.
3) Do some research. Once you have an idea of what kind of topics might be popular with your target audience, it's time to do some research. Check out other podcasts in your niche and see what they're talking about. See what topics are being discussed on social media and in the news. This will give you a good idea of what people are interested in right now.
4) Brainstorm some ideas. Once you've done your research, it's time to start brainstorming some podcast ideas. Write down any and every idea that comes to mind, no matter how crazy it might seem. The goal at this stage is just to come up with as many possibilities as you can.
5) Narrow down your list. Once you have a long list of potential podcast ideas, it's time to start narrowing them down. Eliminate any ideas that don't interest you or that you don't think would be popular with your target audience.
6) Choose your topic. Once you've narrowed down your list, it's time to choose the perfect podcast topic for you. How to choose a podcast topic? Pick something that you're passionate about and that you think would be popular with your target audience. If you're still having trouble deciding, try polling your friends or family to see which option they think is best.
Starting a podcast is a lot easier than it used to be. All you need is a computer, an internet connection, and some basic recording equipment. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to start a podcast:
1) Choose one of the trending podcast topics, or come up with your own idea. This can be anything from relationships to self-improvement to current events.
2) Get familiar with the basics. Learn the basics of podcasting before you start recording your first episode. This includes learning how to use your recording equipment and how to edit your episodes.
3) Record your first episode. This can be nerve-wracking, but just remember to have fun and be yourself.
4) Edit your episode. This is where you'll make sure your audio is clear and that all the content is in order.
5) Publish your episode. Once it's been edited, you can publish it on your website, iTunes, or any other podcasting platform.
6) Promote your episode. Once it's published, make sure to promote your episode so people can find and listen to it. You can promote it on social media, in forums, or through email marketing.
7) Rinse and repeat. Keep recording and publishing new episodes on a regular basis. The more you do it, the easier it will become. Soon, you'll be a podcasting pro!
To Sum Up
Now that you know how to find a podcast topic, it's time to get started on your own show. The first step is choosing a topic that interests you and that you think would be popular with your target audience. Once you've chosen a topic, familiarize yourself with the basics of podcasting so you can start recording your first episode. Don't forget to promote your episode once it's published! The more episodes you record and publish, the easier it will become.