According to a study by Cisco, video will account for 82% of all internet traffic by 2021. That’s a huge number, and it just goes to show how important video content is becoming. If you’re looking to start a podcast, you should definitely consider adding video content to your mix.
The good news is that it’s easier than ever to record high-quality video podcasts. All you need is a good webcam and some recording software. In this article, we’ll show you the best webcam recording software for podcasters and how to use it to record your own video podcast.
What is video podcasting?
To understand why you need a webcam recording software for your podcast, you need to first understand what video podcasting is.
Video podcasts are a relatively new form of content that is quickly gaining in popularity. They are essentially podcasts that are recorded as video instead of audio, and they offer a number of advantages over traditional audio-only podcasts. For one, they allow you to see the person who is talking, which can make the experience more engaging and personal. They also allow you to show your audience any visual aids that you may be using, such as slideshows or demonstrations.
Let's recap all the advantages of video podcasting:
- Video podcasts are more engaging and personal than traditional audio-only podcasts.
- They allow you to show your audience any visual aids that you may be using.
- They can help you to build better relationships with your audience by making you more relatable and human.
- They can also help you to attract new listeners, as many people prefer to watch videos than listen to audio-only content.
But how do you record a video podcast? There are two ways to go from here: the expensive way and the more affordable way.
Video Podcasting: the Expensive Way
If you want to start recording video podcasts without using webcam recording software, there are a few pieces of equipment that you will need:
1. A good camera. You will need a camera that is capable of recording high-quality video. Many laptops now come with built-in cameras that are good enough for video podcasts, but if yours doesn't, you'll need to invest in a separate one.
2. A microphone. Next, you'll need a microphone that is designed for recording audio. Many podcasters do not consider their laptops to have a microphone with the best quality. Instead, they prefer to invest in a separate microphone that is designed specifically for recording audio.
3. A tripod. Unless you want your video podcasts to look like home movies, you're going to need to invest in a tripod. This will allow you to keep your camera steady and avoid any unwanted shaking.
4. A lighting kit. Good lighting is essential for recording high-quality video. So you'll probably also need to invest in a lighting kit that will help to ensure that your video looks professional.
5. Editing software. Once you have recorded your video podcast, you will need to edit it before you can release it to the world.
The Cost of Video Podcasting
As you can see, there is a significant amount of equipment that you will need in order to start recording video podcasts, if you’re not planning to record your podcasts with webcam recording software.
If you don't already have all of this equipment, you can expect to spend several thousand dollars on it. Moreover, if you decide to hire someone to edit your videos for you, you can expect to pay them several hundred dollars per hour.
Luckily, there’s another way.
The Cheaper Alternative: Webcam Recording
In order to create a video podcast without investing in expensive equipment, you will need two things: a webcam and some recording software.
What is webcam recording?
Webcam recording is the process of recording a video podcast using a webcam. It is a cheaper and more affordable alternative to investing in expensive equipment, and many laptops now come with built-in webcams. All you need is a webcam and webcam recording software, and you can start recording your video podcast.
Why use webcam recording?
There are several reasons why you might want to use webcam recording for your video podcast.
1. It is a cheaper video podcasting alternative.
2. Many laptops now come with built-in webcams, so you may already have everything you need.
3. It is easy to set up and use.
4. It allows you to be more flexible with your recording location.
5. You can still use visual aids, such as slideshows or demonstrations, by sharing your screen with your audience.
There are a number of different webcam recording software platforms that podcasters can use to record their podcasts. In this article, we will mention Podcastle, the best option for webcam podcast recording and provide a guide on how to use it.
Guide on how to record online video podcasts using Podcastle's webcam recording software
To record an online video podcast with our webcam recording software all you need to do is follow these simple steps:
1) Sign into Podcastle, choose Create > Interview.
2) Choose the Video option and name your interview
3) Click on the Invite People icon or copy the meeting link and share it with your interview guests
4) Record a high quality remote video interview
5) Export the final file and share it with others!
Note: Podcastle is also perfect for audio content creation. It’s the most easy-to-use recording and editing tool for beginner podcasters that has all your audio needs.
Tips for best results while recording a podcast with webcam
When it comes to using webcam recording software, there are a few things that you can do to ensure best results.
1. Find a quiet place to record. One of the most important things that you can do is to find a quiet place to record. This will help to ensure that your audio is clear and easy to understand.
2. Use good lighting. Good lighting is essential for recording high-quality video. Make sure to set up your lighting in a way that is flattering and will allow your audience to see your face clearly.
3. Test your equipment. Before you start recording, it is important to test your equipment to ensure that everything is working properly. This includes testing your microphone and webcam to make sure that they are functioning correctly.
4. Be aware of your surroundings. When you are recording with a webcam recording software, be aware of your surroundings and try to avoid any background noise. This includes things like barking dogs, traffic, or construction noise.
5. Be yourself. Remember that you are recording a podcast, not a Hollywood movie. Be yourself and relax, and your audience will appreciate it.
Don’t forget to tell us how your webcam recording experience was in the comments section!