Producing quality audio is hard. At least, that’s what we’ve been told. The truth is, that having crystal clear audio with no background noise is not complicated at all. All it takes is some Magic Dust, and all your issues will be solved. What do we mean? We’ll explain it all in this blog post!
But before we jump to Podcastle’s Magic Dust feature and tell you what it is and how it works, let’s first go through some definitions:
What is background noise?
Background noise is the ambient sound that can be heard in podcast recordings. It can come from environmental sources like wind, traffic, or construction, as well as a person's microphone or recording device. This type of background noise can make podcast recordings difficult to listen to and distract from what the speaker is saying.
Disadvantages of having background noise in your audio
1) Background noise can be very distracting for podcast listeners and take away from the overall audio quality of your podcast. It can make it difficult to understand what the speaker is saying, as well as making it unpleasant to listen to.
2) Background noise can also be a distraction from the content being discussed in the podcast. If there are too many competing noises, it can be difficult for listeners to focus on the conversation or message being presented.
3) Background noise can also cause confusion and frustration for the listener if they are not sure what the source of the sound is. This can make them disengage from the podcast and never return as a listener.
4 Steps to Reduce Background Noise in Podcasts
1) First, you should use a high-quality microphone when recording your podcast. This will help reduce the amount of ambient noise that is picked up in your recording.
2) Invest in acoustic foam for soundproofing material to reduce background noise from outside sources.
3) Use a noise reduction plugin when editing your podcast audio. This can help to remove any background noise that may have been picked up during recording.
4) Listen and adjust the levels of your podcast audio to ensure that background noise does not overpower the speaker's voice.
By taking these steps, you can help reduce or eliminate background noise in your podcast recordings and create a better listening experience for your listeners. With consistent editing and soundproofing, you can make sure that your podcast audio is free of background noise and easy to listen to.
Faster and Easier Solution: Podcastle
Now, you can of course follow all the steps described above, but let’s admit it: it’s too much effort, and sometimes you just don’t have time for it. Wouldn’t it be easy if you could remove background noise simply with a click? The good news is that you actually can! With Podcastle, it doesn’t matter if you had a quality microphone when recording your audio or a soundproof studio. You can make your audio sound professional in no time! All you need to do is apply some Magic Dust to it. Here’s how it works.
How to use Magic Dust in Podcastle
1) Upload your audio or start recording
After you've subscribed to a premium Podcastle plan, choose Create> Project. From here, you can either upload your existing recording by choosing Import Audio or record your audio from scratch by clicking Record.
Once you’re done with the recording, it will show up on your podcast editing dashboard. Here is how it will look like:
2) Add Magic Dust
For removing echo and background noise from your audio, all you have to do is right click on your audio track and choose Add Magic Dust.
Once you hit Apply Magic Dust, our AI will start processing your audio track. You’ll see a small window like this one, explaining what exactly our Magic Dust tool does and how it works.
As you can see, what we call “magic dust” is a set of complicated features that analyze and fix your audio track to the fullest, to make you sound your best.
3) Enjoy crystal clear audio
That’s pretty much it! Once the Magic Dust is applied, you’ll see a small symbol on the top left corner of your audio track. This means that you’ve applied our noise cancellation feature and have crystal clear audio, with no background noise! So enjoy it to the fullest. And in case you liked the older version of your audio better, you can always hit Command/Ctrl + Z to undo the feature.
Other Noise Reduction and Audio Processing Tools
There are more features in Podcastle that make producing studio-quality audio easy and quick! Let’s quickly skim through each of them.
- Auto-leveling tool
One of the main issues that audio producers confront after recording, is that there are different audio levels in their audio track. In other words, some parts of the recording are too quiet, while others are too loud. To fix that, right click on the audio track and choose Auto-Leveling. This will apply a dynamic equalizer to your track, and adjust your audio to match the target loudness.
- Silence remover
Are there too many awkward silences in your audio? That’s not an issue either. Right click on your audio track and scroll down the menu until you find the Remove Silence feature. Apply it to remove all the unnecessary silent parts of your audio.
- Audio Assistant
Finally you can use all of these features in one place with our Audio Assistant. Using our audio assistant is like applying audio quality enhancement (in one click). It applies all the three tools mentioned above (Magic Dust, Auto-Leveling, Silence Remover) at the same time. In the end you can do a short voice quality comparison, checking the audio tracks before and after Audio Assistant was applied, and hear the difference yourself!
Now that you know how to use the Magic Dust in Podcastle, you can create professional audio with ease. Podcastle is an easy-to-use platform and if used properly, it can help you take your recordings to the next level! So make sure to give it a try and let us know what you think about it in the comments section below.